Is there an area in your life where you are feeling stuck? It could be in your health, finances, relationships, career, etc.
Here is an exercise you can do to help you move beyond your stuckness.
1.First, picture an area in your life where you are feeling stuck. See it clearly. Feel it, smell it, taste it, hear it and sense it.
2. When thinking of being stuck, what emotions does it bring up within you? Where are the areas of pain or tension coming up within you when you are thinking of your situation? Take note of your body.
3. Now focus on the area of pain or tension that came up. If you have multiple areas, choose the one that you are most aware of. You can come back to this exercise later to talk to the other areas of your body.
4. Think back to a time in your life where you first felt this same emotion. Spend some time here. Keep going back. Who was involved? Were you alone, with your parents, etc?
5. What decision did you make at this point in your life? Was there a decision not to feel this way again?
6. How has this decision affected your life?
Once you find out when and where you’ve been stuck, you can move on. For more exercises like this, come to our monthly advanced workshops.
Dr. Amanda is a non-traditional chiropractor who focuses on Neuro-Optimization in Ottawa, Canada.